(associate) Medical Communication Manager
job description vacancy Medical Communication
leading in medical communication
Our client is a leading medical communications agency that partners with the pharmaceutical and biotech industry to educate healthcare professionals. They produce a full line of strategic solutions in the areas of Strategic Publication Planning, Medical Communications, Medical Education, and Medical Publishing, from traditional newsletters to to complete symposium organization and innovative e-learning portals. At the Amsterdam Office a staff of 90 (20 nationalities!) successfully increase their business.
Therefore I am once again filling the vacancy
Medical Communications Manager
PhD / MD / PharmD (or equal) with clientfacing skills but focus on proper content
Your role in this vacancy Medical Communication?
As a Medical Communications Manager you will work within a team to develop, drive and deliver high-quality, medically accurate educational content materials (for live meetings, online educational initiatives, and enduring materials). Part of your job will be to write and/or develop medical content, so a background in (bio)medical / life sciences is necessary! For example, after you proposed drafts of abstracts or slide kits to clients, you will get their feedback on the content and should be able to adapt the content according to this feedback. Also you will visit clients and attend conferences, on average 6 a year. Clients are: Global or European Headquarters of Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies. You have good projectmanagement skills: you closely cooperate with and manage (no direct reports) your account team members such as: Editorial (medical writers), Production, Medical Advisors, Project Coordinators. You report to the Program Director.
Who am I looking for in this vacancy medical education?
Ideally you meet as much as possible of these criteria:
• Advanced degree (i.e. PhD, MD, PharmD) in a medical or science-related specialty (or relevant work experience in medical education plus a bioscience degree)
• Experience in medical affairs and/or marketing positions in the Pharma industry – a strong advantage!
• Medical writing or medical education/communications experience within an agency or pharma/biotech company, a plus!
• Excellent command of the English language and outstanding written and communication skills
• Strong project management and client liaison abilities; a non too-introvert personality (since you deal face-to-face with KOL's )
• Versatility and ability to change topics and priorities rapidly in order to simultaneously manage multiple projects
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as within a team, to deliver high quality materials
• Excellent editorial and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
A valid EU work permit is required for the Amsterdam position!
What does this agency offer you in return?
How to apply?
I will be happy to receive your CV (resumé) and motivation. You can only apply directly through me, mr. Jaap Roorda. As a former publisher (b2b, Medical and Educational) I match professionals through www.CareerHouse.nl.
email@example.com (+31 (0)6 - 5144 1400). When we meet or Skype for an interview, we take time to check if this would be the right move for you. You'll get feedback, on your CV/ resumé as well as other aspects. www.careerhouse.nl