Data Management Engineer
Data Management Engineer
Data Management Engineer wanted for the European HQ of an international bank. The bank has recently centralised all of their European activities in The Netherlands and is looking to strengthen its ICT team.
Are you passionate about data management and are you looking for a multicultural environment that is building a new ICT structure this could be the challenge for you!
Responsibilities Data Management Engineer
The purpose of the Data Management Engineer is to support and maintain data management related applications, and deliver projects and work packages of data management related products to meet business objectives in line with agreed procedures and service standards in the bank, including all of its branches.
- Perform Support and Maintenance of Databases.
- Perform the delivery of data management related product support and maintenance.
- Perform the delivery of data management related projects and work packages.
- Ensure data quality management.
- Balance the daily work load between projects and BAU effectively.
- Contribute to the team business plan and IT initiatives, processes and budgets to ensure planned business objectives and customer requirements are met.
- When applicable, deliver reports and presentations on relevant projects and/or work packages, issues and IT initiatives in order to meet customer requirements and the business objectives.
- Where appropriate, perform feasibility studies, gathering and analysing information in detail in order to make proposals and provide solutions that meet the business objectives.
- Adherence to specified bank processes procedures and relevant external requirements.
- Identify and adopt changes in IT systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvement.
- Provide a wide range of information, guidance and advice to team management, addressing customer queries including those of a more complex / sensitive nature, ensuring that the recipient clearly understands the nature of the information being provided.
- Actively engage in cross border teaming, in order to obtain / exchange information, identify and establish best practice and where appropriate ascertain further customer requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
Requirements Data Management Engineer
Because of the international character of the organisation we are looking for candidates that are fluent in English, Dutch is not required.
- 4 to 6 year experience with applications and report development in a financial institution, related to Data Management.
- Requires a 4-year degree Computer Science or related field
- Provide solution build estimates to Team Management
- Must have good interpersonal skills, be team focused, and well-organized, as at times deadlines are tight.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting using version control software
- Knowledge of data warehousing principles and processes including gathering business requirements, logical and physical; database design, transformation and loading.
- Must be passionate about Data management, data quality, related software development and providing value-added processes for business and end user.
- Knowledge and application of relational database concepts, datamarts and OLAP
- Knowledge of and experience with Data Integration (ETL) Development
- Experience with design and build of interfaces and data integration of internal and external data sources into staging environments and Enterprise Data Warehouse environment
- Experience with the use of MS SQL SSIS and Microsoft related ETL tools
- Experience with MS Visual Studio
- Experience in Financial Services Industry and in particular the regulatory reporting area. Knowledge of Anacredit and IFRS is a plus.
- Ability to build reports with SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI.
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2017 and its new features
- Experience in Agile / Scrum development and DevOps
- Experience in working in environment where Wolters Kluwer OneSumX is used is a plus.
- The ability to prioritize and flex with pressures created by a production environment
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
- Project experience using Agile development methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data Quality project experience is a plus