Denim Designer Women's Wear Amsterdam
Functie omschrijving Denim Designer Women's Wear Amsterdam
For a famous global fashion brand, with their HQ located in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Denim Designer Women's Wear as a maternity cover, starting from 15th of March till 15th of October 2021. If you have experience as a Denim Designer and you would like to work for a leading fashion organisation, then apply directly. Please note, the deadline for this position is Friday the 15th of January at 12:00.
As a Denim Designer WSW you'll be working in the Women's wear Division seasonal collections in the denim team. You will work closely with the Sr. designer and the WSW denim team ( product developers and merchandisers). Next to this you'll be working with all designers within the WSW team to align the denim collection to the WSW inspiration and details. You will be part of an enthusiastic team and will learn to work from A to Z on a collection.
- Researching trends that works into the brand strategy;
- Look into trends for the WSW denim;
- Selecting fabrics during presentation;
- Keep our fabric and garments library up to date and relevant;
- Creating innovative and outstanding washes with the factories;
- Focus on sustainability regarding fabrics selections and washes development;
- Working on new fits and details development with the technical fit team;
- Work under pressure within the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines;
- Illustrate and Photoshop design sheets and wash overviews for divisional presentations;
- Preparing styles to be computerized and design sheets to be completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally;
- Participate to garment fittings and washes reviews;
- Create brand identity through seasonal trims and branding development;
- Working on BOM's;
- Travel for efficient and relevant shopping trips and to factories for handover and inspiration.
- Graduated from an BA or MA fashion program - preferably denim interest;
- Love for denim, knowledge of denim fabrics, its colors, its texture, and its washes applied on it;
- Experience with Tech Packs;
- Illustrator & Photoshop is a must & hand illustration skills;
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company;
- Articulate and good at presenting;
- Good eyes for the fits and silhouettes;
- Organized, enthusiastic, easy to adapt and flexible with changes;
- Is able to work in a hectic environment and has a hands on mentality;
- Work independently as well as in a team and that you also enjoy working in a busy environment.
The European head office of this international fashion & lifestyle brand is based in Amsterdam. The company's style is classic American with a twist. Dynamic, international, and open-minded describes the company's culture at best.
Please note that we agreed with our clients to only introduce them to candidates who already live in the greater Amsterdam area. Although we understand that you are willing to relocate or commute, we have agreed with our client not to accept this as an adequate option.