Development Director Benelux
Our client is an investment and development manager, specializing in logistics real estate in several key European markets. With offices in United Kingdom, Benelux, Spain and Italy focused on execution of investment and development projects, the successful candidate will be part of the larger development team focused on the Benelux market.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
The development director is responsible for the overall performance of the development and technical related matters in the specific jurisdiction. The development director is managing and overseeing the development projects from its initiation till completion. The development director will be ultimately reporting to the Country head and the deal sponsors of various projects. Depending on the growth of their jurisdiction, the development director is being supported by a development manager and/or external project specific project managers. The key tasks and responsibilities of the Development Director are:
- Coordination and management of the development team in their geotechnical area.
- Technical and feasibility assessment of potential new (re)development sites.
- Coordinating and managing of technical and environmental DD processes.
- Identifying, reviewing and analyzing key potential risks and opportunities in connection with the development and outline how they may be managed.
- Contract negotiations, management and monitoring.
- Managing the construction tender process.
- Maintaining an active network of key architects, advisors, consultants and contractors.
- Producing development cost appraisals and maintaining an up-to-date cost database.
- Base design works confirming the optimal site test fit.
- Propose, organize and appoint the project professional teams.
- Performing of risk management and mitigating risk control measures.
- Prepare and finalize the internal and external periodical project status reporting.
- Manage and report changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- At least 10 years (PQE) of relevant private sector consultancy or client-side experience in construction projects in the industrial and logistic real estate sector at a minimum of 25 million construction contract value for a single project.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and challenge and a strong experience in working within a multi-disciplinary team environment. A strong collaborative team working approach is essential for this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and local languages.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in preferably in surveying, construction management, commercial real estate or engineering.
- Excellent project management skills and known with the project management principles.
- Fully versed in the administration of the applicable building contract suite.
- Experience in the successful delivery of projects with end user occupiers, either as a BTS, pre-let or post completion fit out.
Solid Executives is exclusively responsible for the recruitment for this position on behalf of our client. You are kindly requested to send your application to Robbert Jan Meerman (Partner) of Solid Executives (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also contact Robbert Jan (by telephone) for questions or additional information on +31 (0)6 - 430 38 330.
Solid Executives is a leading executive search firm exclusively focused on the real estate sector. We offer unique career opportunities at management and board level and operate on behalf of a wide arrange of real estate companies. www.solid-executives.nl