Head of Public Affairs
Head of Public Affairs
Responsibilities Head of Public Affairs
- The Head of Public Affairs is responsible for managing the public affairs of the Association, in particular with regard to the various lobby initiatives aimed at the European Union and other bodies.
- The Head of Public manages the training programme of the Association which delivers its training programme through a foundation and produces a number of specialised training seminars each year. The Head of Public Affairs closely with the Board of this foundation in the preparation, invitation, organisation and follow-up of each training seminar
- The Head of Public Affairsthe Association’s Management, Members and Contacts. The Association’s website is the prime tool for sharing information
- Statistical research; the Head of Public Affairs performs data research in support of the undertaken public affairs projects and with the aim to provide the associations members as well as the wider business community with relevant and reliable industry data
- Planning, organisation and execution of the Association’s working programme
- The Head of Public Affairs reports directly to the Executive Director
Requirements: Head of Public Affairs
Analytical and able to see insights and connections within this dynamic organization, therefore a master degree is required
It is expected that public affairs and communication management will take up 70% of the assigned time while the remaining tasks will take up 30% of the assigned time. From time-to-time, the assignment will require work undertaken outside normal office hours, and travel to attend meetings.
The Head of Public Affairs must be articulate and has relationship management and negotiating and presentation skills, for the purpose of promoting the work of the Association and the interests of its members. He/she has understanding of or familiarity with the credit insurance and/or surety industries.
The official language of the association is English. He/she must therefore be completely at home with the language - both written and spoken. As the Association operates globally, in depth knowledge of another major language is desired.
The Head of Public Affairs and Training is based in Amsterdam with frequent travel to Brussels.