HR Employee Relationship Specialist Netherlands Market - Amsterdam
Functie omschrijving HR Employee Relationship Specialist Netherlands Market - Amsterdam
We are looking for a HR Employee Relationship Specialist Netherlands Market to join our fashion client Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein at their country office in Amsterdam. Do you have hands-on experience with employment relations and employment law? And do you have excellent knowledge of Dutch labour law and sickness legislation in the Netherlands? Then this is the role for you! Please note, don't wait to apply as interviews will be scheduled soon.
As an HR Employee Relationship Specialist you will perform a variety of duties to promote the employee welfare, such as resolving human relations problems and promoting employee health and well-being for all of the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein retail associates in the Netherlands.
You will deliver first-class advisory support and advice to our management teams across all retail channels on personnel, human relations, and work-related problems that adversely affect morale, health, and productivity.
You will take the lead and own ER investigations for complex complaints and work closely with Senior Leaders, Store Managers and our legal team to determine and undertake appropriate and timely action and mitigate risk to the business. You will work on multiple cases at the same time and overseeing and delivering a seamless and compliant process from front to end within strict deadlines and within the company and governmental rules, regulations, and procedures.
In addition, the Employee Relations Specialist, will take a pro-active role in ensuring our employees and people managers get optimal support in the prevention and management of sickness in their teams through coaching and guidance as well as drive wellbeing initiatives linking to our Culture of Care pillars and support co-design/facilitation of training where required
You will be the single point of contact for managers, employees & external Arbo services regarding absence management. You’ll work closely together with the Case Manager to ensure compliance with both the Dutch legislation and the company's internal policies around sickness absence and ensures all deadlines in accordance with the Gatekeeper Improvement Act are being met.
You will proactively identify improvement areas with regard to managing employee sickness and employee relations and you actively advise the business when improvement/change is needed.
- Ensure proactive, accurate and timely support for employee cases, such as Disciplinary, Grievance, Performance management, Dismissals, Appeals, Redundancy and Tribunals and Absence management. Resolving complex ER issues and have the ability to influence the management approach;
- Working pro-actively with People Managers on employee relations issues to prevent escalation and reach an early resolution;
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business to promote a positive ER culture
- Undertake pre-tribunal case preparation and working with legal representatives;
- Review and develop effective HR policies, procedures and processes, ensuring these are communicated and implemented effectively;
- Identify any trends in employee relations and sickness activity and make recommendations as appropriate to improve process and manage capability in this area;
- Work closely together with the Case Manager to manage end-to-end sickness absence process portfolios for all long-term and/or complex cases, while connecting with, and managing, the relevant stakeholders to ensure compliance and progress of reintegration;
- Identify needs, co-design, and facilitate training on Health & Well-being and employee relations to ensure knowledge and tools for the People Managers to manage their teams. Manage the evaluation process of all training sessions;
- Manage the Culture of Care program, ensuring development, promotion, and implementation of health and well-being initiatives;
- Work closely together with the Case Manager to manage all mandatory information, tasks, responsibilities and coordination to both the employee, manager and external Arbo services (e.g. Company Doctor, mediators, workability specialists) in accordance with legislation and internal policies;
- Support the production and analysis of accurate and timely MI and people metrics. Track, analyze, and interpret data for areas of responsibility and feedback with insights/ recommendations to the business/HRBP focusing on prevention of sickness and ER cases;
- Assist the HR team with their day to day matters when necessary.
You will be a member of the HR NL Market team, situated at the European Head Office in Amsterdam and reporting into the Sr. HR Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required Degree in Human Resources, Labor/Industrial Relations, Law, Business or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch labour law and sickness legislation in the Netherlands;
- 3+ years of related working experience in (high volume) ER cases from start to end and absence management with proven ability to find solutions and deliver results;
- Strong communication skills: ability to influence, stakeholder management, interdepartmental collaboration, diplomatic when needed, sensitive and high sense of integrity;
- Ability to establish trust, credibility and stay neutral without letting motivation interfere;
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information and/or situations and apply pragmatic, simple and effective solutions in the provision of advice and support on complex HR issues;
- Strong influencing and advisory skills with proven success in influencing employees at all levels of the organization in a consultative methodology;
- Flexible approach to working; being able to work under pressure including the ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines, as well as multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Fluent in Dutch (verbally and in writing);
- You’ll be customer focused, demonstrating a passion to deliver a quality service on time, every time.
What you can expect from our client:
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality;
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule;
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus;
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities.
The Netherlands country office of this international fashion & lifestyle brand is based in Amsterdam. The company's style is classic American with a twist. Dynamic, international, and open-minded describes the company's culture at best.
Please note that we agreed with our clients to only introduce them to candidates who already live in or near Amsterdam. Although we understand that you are willing to relocate or commute, we have agreed with our clients not to accept this as an adequate option.
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience. Please send us your CV with a short letter of motivation. You will receive an answer from us within 5-7 working days. For more information please check our website www.projob.nl or call us at 020 - 5738383. We are looking forward to hearing from you!