Functie omschrijving HSE engineer
The HS&E engineer is responsible to define, implement and/or execute measures that safeguard the Amsterdam sites compliant with Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and policies. You propose solutions that are cost effective, practical to implement and maintain, and furthermore provide advice on how to handle specific incidents and issues.
- Co-develop, implement and maintain all aspects in relation to procedures connected with Health & Safety and Environmental Protection, with a strong focus on the Supply Chain organization.
- Support to build robust H&S and Environmental Management Systems, compliant with regulatory requirements and our clients policies and standards.
- Support Health & Safety risk assessments and contributes towards evaluating and identifying the appropriate control mechanisms.
- Participate in inspections and [corporate] audits including the realization of recommendations and related actions.
- Support root cause analysis when near-misses, incidents or non-compliance events occur.
- Support and maintain chemical management and waste management programs.
- Maintain and review statistical databases such as STARS, 360 [i.e. tracking of incidents, waste streams, and the annual operating plan].
- Keep a calendar of audits and reviews.
- Identify training opportunities and provide in-house training to managers and employees in support of generating and promoting a sustainable and positive environmental, health and safety culture.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support, lead in projects when required.
- Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to define problem areas, collect, interpret and evaluate data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to management, authorities and other third parties.
- Ability to influence and motivate others via strong relationships to drive implementation of policies, procedures etc without direct authority.
+31 (0)6 212 753 53
Wij vragen van de HSE engineer
- Bachelor/Master in Life Sciences, Technical Studies, Business Administration or equivalent
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Familiarity and experience with ISO-certified management systems (i.e. Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology)
- Excellent communication skills: able to clearly communicate complex EHS information in an easy-to-understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience in multicultural matrix organization.