Marketing Manager (Netherlands, Belgium and Nordics)
We are seeking an exceptional Marketing Manager!
We are seeking an exceptional Marketing Manager, to lead and deliver the JD brand’s global marketing vision across the BeNe and Nordic markets.
We are seeking an exceptional Marketing Manager, to lead and deliver the JD brand’s global marketing vision across the BeNe and Nordic markets. To advance the JD brand, maximising awareness and connection to the consumers to deliver strategies and initiatives for the region.
This role is responsible for maximizing the profitability of Retail store estate by positively impacting footfall, Conversion, ATV, UPT and Profit Margin across all store formats through flawlessly executed consumer-relevant, marketing campaigns, promotions and in-store communication (POS).
The JD Marketing team puts the consumer at the heart of what we do to develop campaigns, content, partnerships, activations & events that elevate the JD brand and maximise consumer impact.
- Develop and deliver the country marketing plan aligned with commercial objectives working closely with regional sales operations and VM. Regional marketing plan includes full marketing mix; Offline, Paid media, partnerships, sponsorships, JD brand activations and local content creation.
- Lead the local Marketing team to deliver on tactical, and reactive marketing strategies across the assigned market’s retail estate.
- Capitalise on existing and create new partnerships to support our promotional marketing activity.
- Ensure our global marketing campaign is fully integrated on a local/regional level.
- Monitor and review all marketing promotional activities providing analysis and learnings.
- Manage a regional marketing budget and ensure that all promotions are on-board, timely and well targeted.
- Own and build the local marketing calendar including brand and trade opportunities (such as national holiday weekends or back-to-school season).
- Be knowledgeable about the commercial targets and performance, understand which Marketing levers need to be activated to impact which KPIs and know how to activate them as needed.
- Work closely and cross-functionally across Retail Operations, Multichannel and Property the in-market Retail team to pro-actively assess any performance issues (such as persistently declining traffic or a particularly slow month) and develop the tactical Retail Marketing solutions that might be needed to address these.
- Monitor marketing KPIs, in particular Traffic and brand awareness
- Ensure consistent implementation of strategies and business plans through on going controlling and monitors of team and own performance and results.
- Be accountable for the success of new store openings by ensuring appropriate 360 degree activation plans are developed and implemented and relevant actions are taken when stores are not performing.
- Drive growth in this territory by leveraging PR, media, marketing activity when required.
- Be accountable for campaign reporting with clear success measurement and learnings.
- Global and EU marketing teams.
- Social and Influencer teams
- Buying & Merchandising.
- Visual Merchandising.
- Retail Operations.
- External agencies and vendors.
- E-com team
- 5-6+ years of Retail Marketing and Management experience within apparel, sportswear or relevant lifestyle brands/retailers
- Netherland in market experience (Belgium or Nordics is a plus)
- High level verbal and written Dutch and English
- Knowledge of the sports & lifestyle and youth culture
- Solid business acumen and in-depth knowledge of Retail KPIs and budget managment
- Previous experience delivering integrated plans and campaigns
- Highly numerate with the ability to understand and analyze data and produce actionable insights.
- Solid interpersonal, networking and negotiating skills.
- Strong management, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Geographically mobile.
- Able to manage fast paced environment.
The Group At A Glance
Established in 1981 with a single store in the North West of England, JD Sports Fashion plc is a leading Multi-Channel retailer of sports fashion and outdoor brands in the UK and Europe.
The Group has over 2600 stores across a number of retail fascias and is proud of the fact that it always provides its customers with the latest products from the very best brands