Functie omschrijving Menswear Designer
Are you a talented fashion designer with 5+ years of Menswear experience? We are in search of a passionate designer to join our Menswear Division, where you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our entire Menswear category. As an essential part of our creative team, you'll have the exciting opportunity to work on seasonal collections, collaborate with industry experts, and leave your mark on our brand's identity. Don't wait any longer to embark on this incredible journey. Apply now, because interviews are just around the corner, and your chance to excel in the world of Menswear fashion awaits!
As a designer working in the Menswear Division you will support the team with designing and executing seasonal collections for multiple Tier 1 products. You will work closely with the development team, merchandise team, and the Senior Designer for the planning and development of the collection each season. You will design and execute seasonal range plans for review by the Design Director and VP Design. Among other you will be responsible for:
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the brand's DNA;
- Translating trends into a commercial collection;
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and following up of each style;
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to create techpacks completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally;
- Following up on selected fabrics and yarns each season with product developer and communicating to buying offices any design related communication for Retail special needs;
- Working closely and communicate daily on issues and changes that arise from the development of designs selected.
- Partnering with the product developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style;
- Making sure that the brand's D.N.A. is present within each garment;
- Working closely with Tech Department on garment fittings;
- Ensure all styles are to the highest standard, find solutions to any problems that may come up in the fitting process;
- Responding quickly to market trends and to filter this into special designed product for Retail/Wholesale.
- 5+ years of experience in Menswear;
- Eye for details with an extensive knowledge of fabrics and yarns;
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent in fashion design;
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand drawn skills;
- Strong English-language communication skills;
- Strong understanding of the current trends and the ability to translate them into a commercial product;
- Ability to thrive in a busy, changeable environment;
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team;
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting.
The European head office of this international fashion & lifestyle brand is based in Amsterdam. The company's style is classic American with a twist. Dynamic, international, and open-minded describes the company's culture at best.
Please note that we agreed with our clients to only introduce them to candidates who already live in or near Amsterdam. Although we understand that you are willing to relocate or commute, we have agreed with our clients not to accept this as an adequate option.
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience. Please send us your CV with a short letter of motivation. You will receive an answer from us within 5 working days. For more information please check our website www.projob.nl or call us at 020 - 5738383. We are looking forward to hearing from you!