SENIOR DATA ENGINEER / CHAPTER LEAD
SENIOR DATA ENGINEER / CHAPTER LEAD
Data holds no secrets for you. You prepare the data for use in advanced algorithms and analysis tools. Improving their business starts with you as a data engineer.
Over two billion records. Our customer possess an enormous quantity of data: the characteristics of millions of candidates and business data on clients, potentials and their own organisation.
You open up this information and prepare it for use in calculation models and analysis tools. Thanks to you, all this data results in a wealth of information that helps us improve the business.
Our customer plays a leading role in the staffing sector when it comes to software development and innovation.
You will be involved in data-driven work methods, intelligent algorithms and apps. How can you quickly find the three most suitable candidates in a database of millions?
The data and analysis tools also help your future colleagues be successful in the market.
As a data engineer, you truly matter in the organisation. The fact that the results they achieve with their team are visible and measurable and they make a concrete contribution to the improvement of the organisation’s services and business.
what will you do?
Data is only valuable if you make clever use of it. That is why you extract data from various sources and systems, generally following a request from the organisation.
Next, you make the data usable. That means you clean it up, format it and present it in the desired format.
You also support the development of advanced analysis apps and algorithms and help end users understand and utilise the data and tools.
This lets them conduct analyses, draw up reports, detect trends and seamlessly match clients and candidates.
where do you work?
At the head office in Diemen, where more than one hundred and fifty IT professionals work and experiment with new technologies every day.
You will become part of one of the twenty-four DevOps teams, although you are not isolated by any means.
There is plenty of interesting collaboration with other teams within and outside the IT department.
with whom do you work?
Requests and projects from the organisation end up on your desk via the product owner.
Next, you work with the individual end users.
These include business and finance analysts, marketers, staffing consultants, sales consultants and the management team.
It all depends on what the data is needed for. You also collaborate closely with the developers in your team, infrastructure specialists and data analysts from your own and other development teams.
• Strong experience with software development (Python)
• Higher professional education degree in computer science and a passion for (big) data and innovation
• You are able to clear up complex issues and translate them into data and the use of the right tools
• You are solution-oriented in a creative and inspirational manner
• You are a conversational partner and occasional coach for colleagues at various levels of the organisation
• Proactive: you plan your own activities and gather whatever information you need to execute the project
• Experience with AWS (Big) Data services like RedShift, SageMaker, EMR
• Experience with tools like Airflow, Docker, Jenkins, Git, etc.
why our customer?
Our customer has been bringing people and work together for more than half a century. Not only in the Netherlands, but around the world. A progressive IT organization can no longer be ignored. More than 24 DevOps teams innovate with advanced apps and software every day.
They believe in the power of technology, combined with personal attention and enthusiasm. With them, you are not choosing a job, you are choosing a career. There are plenty of opportunities for personal growth, and you will find a wide variety of positions within their organization.
As a data engineer, this provides you with many interesting career perspectives: 80% of the higher management comes from within their own organization.
They offer you this
• A great environment with fun and inspirational colleagues who are always there for you
• Competitive salary and a generous monthly benefit budget that you can choose to spend on free time, money or perks such as a bike, tablet, sports subscription or training course
• 25 holiday days and 8.5% holiday allowance
• many training opportunities and development opportunities
• a good mobility scheme and laptop
• an attractive bonus scheme and the option to earn an outperformance bonus twice per year