Senior Python Engineer
Senior Python Engineer | Recharge | Amsterdam
Looking for a job as a Senior Python developer in an international, fast growing and innovative environment? Are you already in the Netherlands? Then read and react to this vacancy!
Your contribution to our mission:
• extensive knowledge of (but not limited to) Python stack (Django framework).
• a pragmatic view at software engineering and product development
• The services that you will own together with the team, represent the very core of our payment processing and risk assessment.
• you will impact the way of working of your colleagues in other teams by building the best back office features for their needs.
• Next to that, as a team you will provide an API that is used by the webshop and mobile app teams.
• you enable those teams with the necessary API functionality so that they can build the best experience for our customers.
• building new functionality based on requirements (and use the opportunity to challenge [and even define] requirements together with the team to accomplish the best solution from both customer value and development effort perspective)
• “You build it - you run it”: reviewing, testing and delivering changes to our production systems, and keeping an eye on the technical impact of those changes to the end user.
• You monitor our systems, address arising issues, and improve our monitoring to make sure that we respond to outages as effectively as possible
• improving purposefully and in a persevering manner the quality of our services when it comes to their performance, stability, security but also understandability of the code
• contributing with your ideas, knowledge and critical thinking to the quarterly plans in the team, making sure that you’re working towards the quarterly goals in the most efficient and effective way
• the ability to solve difficult business problems by decomposing them and by leading yourself and the team in solving them
• the belief that technology is the instrument to solve business problems, and therefore it doesn’t stand alone as a self-fulfilling prophecy. You are surrounded by people with this pragmatic mindset
• a pragmatic approach to software design. You’re aware of commonly applied design concepts and principles (DDD, OOD patterns, SOLID, DRY/KISS/YAGNI) and able to express your point of view to get people along with you during design discussions
• solid experience with RDBM's (MySQL, or PostgreSQL) in the context of running web applications under high load (+/- 1K rpm)
• You master the art of ping-pong or some other game :-)
It's nice if you bring something extra to the table such as...
• experience and/or interest of working on the edge of development and operations
• CI/CD matters with Gitlab, Docker & AWS
• experience with coaching/mentoring other engineers
• understanding and experience applying enterprise integration patterns in distributed software system
• experience with performance optimization of databases and web applications
• advanced knowledge of security fundamentals in web world
We will offer you...
• 30 days’ vacation to enjoy
• the best relocation package in Amsterdam!
• budget & time for your personal growth plan, conferences, and events
• Macbook Pro (13" or 15") + noise-cancelling headset
• good compensation and contribution to the pension scheme
• refactor your body with our weekly Bootcamps & Yoga
• free Dutch courses together with your colleagues
• free lunch, snacks (vegetarian & vegan options included), Friday drinks
• a multicultural environment with 100 colleagues and over 24 different nationalities and growing
Creative Group is becoming Recharge.com
Creative Group has been on a special journey for the last 14 years. We need to adapt and change continuously. Now the time has come to take the next step in our evolution to become the global leader in exchanging digital value.
Are you ready to make extraordinary memories and boldly go where no man has gone before? Then react by sending your resumé and motivation to email@example.com or call for more information 06-51142142